Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Customer Service Options
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Home Insurance in St. Louis MO and Columbia IL
Your house offers you the essential elements of security, stability, and safety. However, acquiring a home can also represent a major financial commitment, potentially one of the most significant investments you’ll ever make. One of the best ways to financially protect your investment is to purchase adequate homeowners insurance.
What Is Home Insurance and Why Is It Important for Homeowners?
Home insurance, also called homeowners insurance, is a type of insurance policy designed to provide financial protection to homeowners in the event of various risks and damages related to their property. It typically covers the home’s structure, as well as personal belongings and liability for injuries or property damage caused by the homeowner or their family members. You may be able to add endorsements or riders to your policy to extend the coverage it provides.
The importance of home insurance for homeowners cannot be overstated. Here are a few key reasons why it is crucial:
- Financial protection—Home insurance helps ensure you are financially protected in unexpected events such as fire, theft, vandalism or certain natural disasters. If you experience a covered loss during your policy term, you can file a claim against your policy for assistance in covering repairs or replacement costs.
- Liability coverage—Home insurance also provides liability coverage, which is essential in case someone is injured on your property or if you accidentally cause damage to someone else’s property. For example, if a visitor slips and falls and decides to sue you for medical expenses, your home insurance can cover the costs associated with legal defense and any potential settlements.
- Lender requirement—Most lenders, including banks or mortgage brokerages, will require you to purchase homeowners insurance as a contingency of approving your home loan.
- Peace of mind—Owning a home comes with a certain level of responsibility and potential risks. Home insurance provides peace of mind, knowing you have a financial safeguard against unforeseen events.
What Types of Coverage Are Typically Included in a Home Insurance Policy?
Homeowners insurance can come with various features and coverages. With a standard HO-3 homeowners insurance policy, which is the most common type of homeowners insurance, the following may be covered:
- Dwelling—This coverage can financially protect the physical elements of your home, such as its roof, walls, foundations and plumbing systems.
- Additional structures—This coverage may financially protect other buildings on your home’s property, such as detached garages or sheds.
- Contents—This coverage can help pay for losses involving your possessions, such as furniture, clothing and electronics.
- Temporary living expenses—This coverage can help pay for the resulting costs if a covered incident that makes your home uninhabitable (e.g., hotel stays and restaurant meals).
How to Get Homeowners Insurance
If you’re in the St. Louis, Missouri, area or surrounding communities, Crawford-Butz Insurance is here to help you get the homeowners coverage you need. Reach out to our team today to learn more and get started.